The Cascade Health Alliance Community Advisory Council (CAC) is an important part of our service to the community and our members. The CAC helps us stay connected with you. The CAC helps us plan ways to support our members to be healthy and happy. The group also sets goals for the future health of our community. Read the Community Health Improvement Plan here.
Some of the duties of the CAC are:
- Make sure the health care needs of members are met
- Identify and promote preventative care practices
- Oversee community health assessments
- Adopt a community health improvement plan
Cascade Health Alliance is committed to our community and our members. Being a part of the Community Advisory Council needs the same commitment. The CAC meets monthly. The group members also need to take some time to learn about the needs of the community and ways to better serve it. CAC members earn a small stipend for their work. Being part of the CAC is a great way to make a difference in your community.
The CAC is made up of:
- Members, or caretakers of members, served by CHA and the Oregon Health Plan
- Members of the community
- Members of the CHA board
- Representatives from Klamath County government
If you or someone you know wants to be part of the Community Advisory Council, applications are available to download here. You can also pick up applications at our office.